Tax Relief is available if you meet the following qualifications
- Age 65 or older
- Or permanently or totally disabled
- Total income of $45,000 or less per household
- Total assets of $65,000 or less, excluding home and one acre of land.
- Must have been a resident of Giles County on December 31st of the year prior to the year in which you are applying for relief.
- The amount of relief granted is based upon income.
- Come to the Commissioner‘s office at 130 N. Main street, Pearisburg, VA 24134
- Between the dates of 1/15 thru 4/15
- Between Tuesday- Friday – 8 am to 6 pm
- Legal documents confirming ALL sources of income and assets must be provided in order to apply. If you should have questions in advance of your visit please call. We are here to serve you.